Niseko in the summertime is one of the region’s best kept secrets. Fresh air, adventure,
sports and spas; come and learn why many investors in this prime ski, sport and
family destination are witnessing yields that far exceed those in some of the world’s
most sought-after resorts.
Facilities and features
- Selection of modern 1/2-bed apartments
- 671 - 955 square feet
- Concierge service
- Floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies that maximise views
- Exclusive vendor financing up to 70% LTV
- 10% down payment
- Two-year rental guarantee scheme option includes investor access for 3 weeks every
With warm and pleasant summer temperatures and a wealth of activities on offer,
Niseko has become increasingly popular as a close and convenient summer retreat
from the major metropolises of Asia. From leisurely nature trails and relaxing natural
springs through rafting, hiking, fishing, mountain biking and world-class golf,
this beautiful part of the Japanese island of Hokkaido is bursting with summer enjoyment
A natural sports paradise
Niseko is already widely known for its excellent snowsports, but in the summertime
the mountains of Hokkaido are equally packed with fantastic sporting activities.
Raft along the exhilirating rapids of the Shiribetsu River, bike the thrilling trails
of Mount Yotei or get in shape along Niseko’s increasingly popular endurance training
routes. And for a more relaxed sporting experience, a day of fishing or a round
at one of Hokkaido’s 172 top-class golf courses is just a short journey away.
A perfect place for family
The whole family can enjoy themselves on a trip to Akazora with the EdVentrure summer
programme for kids. Little ones will be well looked after at a camp that will see
them learn about the natural world of Hokkaido and Japanese cultural traditions.
They’ll experience the arts, crafts and practices of the countryside with the experienced
EdVenture team, meaning parents can enjoy a little more summer freedom.
Akazora is a stunning development that combines top return and yield potential and
with exclusive vendor financing up to 70% LTV and lowest management fees in Niseko’s
Hirafu Village, this is a fantastic opportunity to enter a rising real estate market
at just the right time.
Under the rental guarantee deal you can choose to take up, you’ll still have the
option to use the property for your own holidays during the year, so you can enjoy
the benefits on offer in Niseko yourself.
Please note USD is approximate and should only be used as a guide
Please contact us for more information
Akazora is located in the small village of Hirafu, at the base of Mount Annupuri.
This ski resort is the second snowiest ski resort and has also won an award for
best family ski resort. Niseko is famed for the powder snow that covers Mount Anupuri
and Mount Yotei but it is also a four season resort with hiking, cycling, golfing
and onsen opportunities.
Sapporo (the capital of Hokkaido) is only a couple of hours drive away from Hirafu
village offering direct flights across Asia
The exclusive financing available to investors is one of the most unique things
about this Akazora investment. Everyone’s aware of the difference leveraging can
make to the profitability of an investment, and there are simply no other financing
options for foreign investors in Niseko at the moment, putting Akazora investors
in a uniquely strong position.
Low Management Fees
Because of our focus on offering clients an investment opportunity rather than just
a property, we’ve have been able to arrange for high-end management services priced
at the lowest rate in the village. This has allowed investors to achieve higher
rental rates at a lower cost and will ultimately drive up yields while still allowing
owners to enjoy their property for a couple of weeks a year.
Asian ski tourism on the rise
- Sharp rise in Chinese visitors after visa restrictions were relaxed.
- Popular with Australians heading north in search of snow.
- Visitor numbers increasing year on year – the 2012/13 season saw the highest tourism
level since 2007.
- Just a four-hour flight away for more than half the world’s population.
- 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo will draw focus and drive interest in national sports
Small-town charm attracts overseas skiers and investors
- Niseko boasts a growing international reputation as a boutique alternative skiing
- The Wall Street Journal recently published an in-depth article about the growing
number of international investors who have decided that the case for Niseko is a
too good to miss out on.
- A recent Financial Times article highlighted Niseko for its good property value
and increasing popularity among Asian buyers.
- Beyond tourism – according to the second bi-annual Candy GPS Report, produced by
Candy & Candy, Savills World Research and Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management, Niseko
numbers among one of the few second-home destinations for the ultra-wealthy of Asia
Surging local development
Big developers from around the region are moving to take advantage of the projected
increase in attention on Niseko, with a surge in development now underway and projects
that have been on hold since the onset of the Global Financial Crisis being resumed
in anticipation of the upcoming rise in demand.
Now is the right time to invest
- According to a recent squarefoot.com.hk article on Investment Potentials in Ski
Resorts, "Niseko gains momentum each passing year, and with the Japanese economy
recovering on the hells of Abenomics and the yen at a favourable rate, Hokkaido
could be home to the next great ski boom".
- The weak Japanese Yen won’t stay weak – investors may need to act soon if they wish
to take advantage of the current currency situation to bolster their return potential.
- The Japanese government recently announced a 3% increase to the national sales tax
– taking effect in April 2014, the tax will be applied to the building portion of
any Japanese property purchase, so investors should be wary that properties purchased
just four months from now and beyond will carry higher costs.
- Reliable and high-quality ski conditions – Niseko enjoys fresh powder on an almost
daily basis during the ski season. You can monitor the current situation and find
lots of other helpful information in the Niseko Now section of SnowJapan.
- Last year Niseko enjoyed 622 inches of powder, beating the 539 inches on offer at
Washington State’s Mount Baker, widely considered to be the snowiest resort in the
- And that’s not just an unusual season – when Forbes ranked the world’s snowiest
resorts in 2008, Niseko came in second with 595 inches of fresh snow every year.
- Forbes has also named Niseko the sixth best ski resort in the world.
- American Live Wire recently picked Niseko as one of its Worlds Top Ten Ski Resorts
for Great Skiing in 2014.
- The South China Morning Post, Hong Kong’s leading English language newspaper, has
recently named Niseko the best resort in Asia for expert skiers.
- Niseko offers options for skiers of every level, from the expansive and well-planned
piste system to a host of accessible but underutilised off-piste areas.
- Night-skiing opportunities: deep-powder forest runs beautifully illuminated by stadium-style
lighting offer one of the longest daily skiing periods in the world.
- Après-ski: there are over a hundred bars and restaurants nearby the resort’s main
road, including world-class French haute cuisine at the Michelin-starred Kamimura
– take a look at Anthony Bourdain’s view on eating in Niseko in this episode of
the award-winning travel and cuisine TV show No Reservations.
- The wide range of first-class golf resorts and hiking and biking trails on the mountainsides
around the picturesque Shiribetsu River make Niseko more than just a winter resort
– take a look at this article for a wealth of detail on Niseko’s year-round charm.
The process defers between the available investment types - Vendor Finance / Cash
Buyer / Fractional Ownership
USD 410,000 - 605,000
671 - 955 square feet
Est. Gross Rental Yield
Type of Units:
1-2 Bedroom Apartments